(Bro. Brandon Smith taught us this evening. Here are the highlights of what he pointed out.)
Jesus came as the Undercover God to see firsthand the struggles in our daily lives and to help us walk the path that God wants us to follow. Jesus came as the human incarnation of God, but how do we know that?
- Brothers | Jesus had convinced his family that He was indeed from God. Think about what it would take to convince your family that that would be true of you. It'd be quite difficult.
- Scripture | Scripture declares that Jesus is more than just any prophet. He is the divine Son of God! (Isaiah 42:8, John 6:51; I Peter 1:20-21).
- Sinlessness | Jesus lived his life on Earth entirely and completely without sin. (2 Corinthians 5:21; I Peter 2:22-23; Hebrews 4:15)
- Virgin Birth | Jesus' birth was a miracle that fulfilled Old Testament prophecy. (Luke 1:31-35)
- Resurrection | Jesus died and rose again. This fulfilled prophecy as well. (Isaiah 53:9-12; Luke 9:22)